The Cyclesmith Advantage
Giving you the best service and selection has been Cyclesmith's focus since 1986 and has established us as the premier bike store in Halifax and Atlantic Canada. We offer the best brands in the industry, the largest selection of bikes, accessories and clothing, a complete full service repair department, a bike fitting studio, and friendly and knowledgeable personnel. We have the best selection of parts and accessories anywhere in Canada for every type of riding: Road, City, Trails, Touring and Triathlon. We do it all, and we do it well! Giving you the best service and selection has kept us as the foremost bike store for all these years!
The entire Cyclesmith team looks forward to helping you out with all your cycling needs.
We offer all our customers
- 12,000 Square foot clean, professional and well stocked retail store
- 30 Day free tune-up with every new bicycle purchase
- Test rides available and encouraged in either a safe parking lot or quiet neighbouring roads
- Rapid quality Repairs, 24 – 48 hour turn around, even in season (we don’t charge extra for this like the other shops do)
- Barnett Certified Mechanics
- A selection of over 100 bike models on display, and back stock of over 500 bikes
- Three professionally trained bike fitters on staff
- Layaway and Finance Programs
- Gift cards for any denomination
- Every bike build goes through that same 2-3 hour, 130-point assembly process
- Heated, dry winter storage for your bike
- Free parking for both cars and bikes
- Friendly staff with a passion for cycling and getting more people on the roads and trails
- Exterior 24/7 repair stand with tools and free air compressor to fill your tires
- Commitment to our community and customers
In 1986, after Greg Smith had completed his cross Canada cycling trip he established a custom frame building operation on the Halifax waterfront near Pier 22. Demand for repairs and upgrades soon led to the establishment of a retail location above his father's former Insurance company on Quinpool Road.
The 6112 Quinpool Road showroom and warehouse had expanded over the years to house all the bikes and service experts together under one roof, providing you with a one stop location for all your cycling needs.
In November of 2014 we moved from our beloved Quinpool Road location to Agricola Street in the North End of Halifax. We built a very energy efficient location, with loads of free parking, easy access into the shop, and a bright and beautiful showroom. Not only did we build a better customer experience, but we made the technician area bigger as well in order to better help the technicians repair your bike. We incorporated a bike fit studio into the mezzanine and now have a dedicated space for our highly sought after bike fitting experts. We truly have made a location that will allow us to help you even better.
Andrew Feenstra, owner
Cycling is in my blood. Being born to Dutch immigrants to Canada our family embraced the bicycle. I have competed locally and nationally in the disciplines of road, mountain bike, and DownHill cycling. I have coached many of the top cyclist from Nova Scotia. I have coached on the national scene; including Canada Games, Pan Am Championships, World Championships, World Cups and coached for the National Cycling Centre and Canadian Sport Centre. I have sat on countless cycling committees including being President of Bicycle Nova Scotia (5 years) and a BOD of Cycling Canada, (5 years)
- 1983 – Started working as mechanic at “Ron’s Bicycle Shop” in Dartmouth NS
- 1984 – Started road racing for “Italia Cycling Club”
- 1985 – Bought my first “real” road racing bike – a Gardin from Toronto.
- 1994 – Hired as a mechanic at Cyclesmith
- 1995 – 1999 – Worked at Cyclesmith in sales, technician, shipping/receiving, warranty, and general pencil pusher
- 2000 – Became co-owner of Cyclesmith
- 2005-2009-2013 – Team NS Canada Games Cycling Head Coach
- 2010 – President, Save the Oval. Fundraised $1.2Million and 10,000 signatures to save the oval (Now known as the Emera Oval)
- 2011 – My daughter, Adyson Drew was born and will begin the succession plan.
- 2016 – Became sole owner of Cyclesmith
- 2016 – My son, Carter Jakob was born and will help his big sister in the family business